Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Things To Think About but NOT OVERthink

OY - the plague of the mind.  I tell ya -  I am so grateful for wisdom in proverbs, good news from friends and love to fill my mind.  Otherwise the floodgates open to the inertia of negativity and/or just the static of the day.
Something I didn't think I'd think about the homeschool journey is my spousal relations.  My husband and I work together in Real Estate (he does 95% of the work outside the office and in the home office).  I have learned a LOT about our marital dynamics through this journey and I had no idea that the notion of homeschooling would kind of send me into an "overthink" about my husband.
"Will he micromanage my homeschool process?"
"Will I feel like I'm reporting to him my progress so I'm not judged as lazy or harsh?"
Ugh - so many thoughts... so, I just asked him how he's been feeling about the research I've done.
"Great!  I had just accepted that you may not ever want to do it - so, this is just a bonus and will be what's best for the kids."
Hmf.  Well, that wasn't what I was expecting.  So simple.  So lovely.
I get in my own damn way.
I didn't read my book today and I feel guilty.  That is more of a confession and absolution all in one :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment