Monday, April 23, 2012

It Takes A Village

Interesting stuff... went to a homeschool group tonight.  Knew a few of the ladies from brief introductions but not close friends.  However, the discussion questions each table was to discuss sparked incredible discussion.
More curriculum research (realizing this is the never-ending project)
  • There is so much to choose from and yet each family is so different and so is each mom.
More than anything else... there was a spiritual element to the discussion that was truly humble, not "religious" or arrogant.  There was just a desire to incorporate the soul instead of compartmentalize it into a forbidden subject or simply one that is outside of the others.
That my daughter can talk about the Bible or prayer or her own relationship with God openly and is happy to look for God in the little things she's learning is pretty awesome.  I leave God at the door or the elevator or in the car, whenever it is convenient to the situation.
I am a recovering compartmentalist.

The opposite of that is to celebrate the soul in us and in all of us.  Pretty cool.  
Every day won't be this profound but I'm a rookie and easily impressed.

I did feel awkward and like I didn't really 'click' - but, that is a familiar feeling to me :-).
I disagreed with some of the women's practice of their faith.
It was a great - healthy environment.  I had differences.  So did they.
Moving on :-)  I love being the rookie though... then you don't know the real deal behind the deal...



No comments:

Post a Comment