Thursday, April 26, 2012

Inadequate Apology for Insensitivity in last post

My Post summarizing Chapter 4 of the book I'm reading made a statement regarding medication for children with diagnosis as being a way of "ignoring" a problem.  I was simply stating what the book said, so that I am not painting all with a rosy brush. However, I was so tired and focused on the other topics, I did NOT mention (which was totally insensitive of me) that I disagree with their blanket statement - I know many moms who have kids that are in seasons of life where the medical assistance they get allows them to enjoy being kids.  Without it - there would be a huge deficit.  I myself have been on Prozac for a season and my family thanks me.
Again, I cannot apologize enough for causing some of my sweet and cherished friends anguish about simply loving their kids with all their heart mind soul & strength.
I am just grateful that they love me enough to be honest with me about it... thank you.  That is humbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment