Monday, February 6, 2017

Where Do I Start? So Much Blessing....

Wow.  OK, I want so much to write everything about today because it would encapsulate the blessings and abundance of homeschooling in a way that is almost adequate to convey the supernatural grace and freedom that you can have- even while still living in the world.
Be set apart.
Be holy.
A royal priesthood.
A holy nation.
Our Classical Conversations Community.
Full.  Full of beautiful imperfect women.  Families.
Full of a ministry at it's core that most will never hear about in a crafted "message" or devotional.
There is an openness to the Spirit here that I cannot describe and I know that it is unique to this time and this place for this season but my word, my LORD it boasts such glorious beauty and deep joy.  It is full of souls being hosted by bodies.  It is full of incredibly generous moms that are so giving - first in their time and their talents - but then, even more so, in their willingness to deny their very flesh.  We have a community that understands our own flaws of gossip, exclusion, judgement, withdrawal, comparison, envy and doubt.  I have never, EVER been more uncomfortable in my LIFE than in the midst of it and yet, because of that, Gods revelation and abundant gifts are that much more acute. 
It is an environment where my assessment of things is rendered useless.  Isaiah 55:8-9 acquires flesh and I can see and feel that I have no place and no reason to assert any situation - by the mere fact that I am incapable of doing so. 
God is God and if we are all in agreement that we are not Him, that we will resist the apple, we will resist control and certainty of all we "see" and "know" - we will then see and know what is invisible and eternal and real - true love.
Our children, in turn, will see the same.  They will see the consistency of Hebrews 13:8 and wonder why the world functions as it does on so much conditional, temporal and fickle "love."  It really is a bastardization of the term.  Our children know when they see the truth in those around them and if they can witness anything true, vs. "religion", their taste buds will change permanently.  A taste of true love.  Eternal Love from the living water will ruin their palette for any twisted version of love the world will ever offer.  So my prayer is this:
For ourselves - may our palette continue to be cleansed and purified by the living water and the bread that was broken for us so that in turn, our families and our sweet children will consider the drastic saccharine that the world has to offer in the same name and spit it out for good.

If that weren't enough in itself, I find my own inspiration in the academic side of things.  I realize that I am absolutely in love with, like have a crush on learning.  I don't want to at first, bu tthen, if I just have that 10 seconds of courage, I find that my brain is more agile somehow than before.  I am not so distracted.  I am not so worried.


No comments:

Post a Comment