Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Boyze

I love my 1-on-1 with each kiddo, but my time with the boy was falling a little flat. What do a middle aged woman & 9 year old boy like to do? What will reach his young-man heart? What won't drive me insane? So, we made a list of ideas & decided on modeling clay. Which led to this campsite diorama w/working fire pit! He was so good at the planning of materials & figured out a way to make a fire pit that would work w/o igniting the whole thing. Success!!! What do you do w/your boys? #needmoreideas #imalloutagain #curious #idontBMXorwrestleorbuildlegos

2 comments:

  1. When Finn was his age, I actually taught him things I loved: playing piano, gardening in the spring, knitting, painting, and sewing. Additionally, a large box never failed to spark the imagination. F. loves reading so I remember, for a season, we went together to the Tattered Cover and read a book side by side, a couple chapters each time until we had finished the book. I'm not sure how ethical that was but it's such a lovely memory now.

    ReplyDelete